SELECTING A THERAPIST
A good match between you and your therapist is the key to effective therapy. Some questions to consider when selecting a therapist are:
- Do I feel comfortable with them? Does their office space feel safe to me?
- Do they have experience with the primary issues I want to address? Have they helped others through what I am currently facing?
- Can I feel safe showing up exactly as I am? Will they honor any aspects of myself that don’t conform to societal norms?
- Do they understand and respect that I am in charge of my decisions, or do they presume to know what is best for me?
The complimentary 15-minute consultation allows us to get acquainted and determine if we are a good match. You get to notice how it feels to sit with me, and I get to assess whether I believe I am the right person to help you.
If the fit does not seem right to either one of us, I will provide you with referrals to therapists who might be better suited to your specific needs.
When we begin our journey together:
- Work collaboratively with you to establish therapy goals and treatment plans.
- Provide a safe space for you to explore what is and what is not working for you.
I WILL NOT
- Assume that anything about you is a problem unless you tell me that it is.
- Pressure you to do (or not do) anything that you don’t (or do) want to do.
Click here to learn more about me.